Integrates research-based practice, with physician approval/supervision, into the nursing unit projects. Coordinates activities associated with patients enrolled in a clinical trial. Compliments the research nurse, following his/her leadership.
- Facilitates compliance with the requirements of the research protocol and good clinical practice while remaining cognizant of the needs of diverse patient populations.
- Communicates with research team to facilitate the effective conduct of clinical trials.
- Manages the activities of patients participating in clinical trials, ensuring compliance with protocol procedures, assessments, and reporting requirements.
- Ensures collection of source data and completion of documentation that validate the integrity of the conduct of the clinical trial.
- Enhances adherence to ethical practices during the conduct of clinical trials in order to protect the rights and well-being of patients and the collection of quality data.
- Identifies his or her ongoing professional development needs and seeks resources and opportunities to meet those needs, such as research organizations.
- Completes assigned goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.